Thursday, March 11, 2010

Keeping it Real

I am the mom who in order to blog will let her baby pull everything out of a cupboard as long as it isn't dangerous.

I am the mom who will feed her kid marshmellows as a bribe on a crazy day just so they will lay in bed (He is now conditioned to ask for chocolate when he is tired...no I am not joking)

I am the mom who squeezes into things, pulls them off, puts something else on, looks in the mirror, hates her hair, then opts to wear the comfiest non pj's in her closet and gives her hair the evil eye while scrounging the house for bobby pins.

I have those days

I have been taught many things. And I am still learning.

I am the mom who won't shave her legs for a week just to prove that I don't have to and then forget that I have done this while wearing capri's at the gym.

I am the mom that surveys just about any landscape and room seeing the dangerous heighths and pictures her energetic toddler climbing to it and jumping to his death.

I will never have a two story house with kids under the age of 10.

I am the mom who hasn't felt beautiful in probably 10 years. I don't consider myself ugly, but I think I am rather ordinary.

I am the mom who realizes there is something wrong with this.

And I am the mom who has learned to seek help for what she cannot do for herself and to be brave enough to be honest about it.

I am the mom who needs, wants, hopes, to keep it real.

Its my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment